Do All Gays Have To Love Lady Gaga?

Hey Paul
So I remember you doing a video where you said you ran across two gay guys that played Gaga for 3 hours and you’d have been charged with a hate crime for beating up two gay guys but it wasn’t because they were gay, they were just assholes. The fact that you didn’t throw any slurs at them and confronted them over the volume of their music would’ve indicated to me that no malicious intent or hate crime worthiness was involved. I would’ve let you off with a warning and maybe sentenced them to listen to a genre of music they didn’t like for 3 hours…hey…it’s my courtroom.
So, do all gays like Lady Gaga?
Do all black people speak like slaves?
Do all white people smell like wet dog when they come in from the rain?
Are all gay guys feminine?
Have all gay guys seen Cabaret the play? I have only because some friends invited me and I think one of my friends were in it
Do all lesbians wear flannel and act like a lumberjack?
Are NO GAY MEN wearing flannel and acting like lumberjacks?

or I could just be me. Somewhere in this great gay universe here I am along with every other gay person in my own aura or fabulousness, be it the great Oz, friend of Dorothy or masculine quietness. I like sports though it’s not football or basketball and my ex-boyfriend played football in high school and wasn’t a wimp when it came to basketball. I work out and I have no idea of any rule that says that because I ‘m gay I have to sport a lisp and a broken wrist…However, I know no rule that says in the Gay Agenda that I have to dump on people who do

So back to Gaga? Do I love her music. Not really, I like the song Alejandro and I only like that because I listened to it enough times in and out of various places. Bad Romance is kinda nice but again I was out in various clubs (I don’t go out to clubs that often) and hear it all over the place and it grew on me. Ironically, I was outside of a Gaga concert when she came to Buffalo 2 years ago and was glad she was able to call out Grisanti to vote YES on marriage equality for gay and lesbian couples. I know Mother Monster appreciates all those that like her and the fact she stands for gay rights but don’t find her music typically appealing. Those gay men who believed that no self-respecting gay man would not like gaga’s music, are like the Gay Gestapo or something. They find out you don’t like Gaga and they tie you up and play her music for hours. I see that a lot with her Bad Romance counterpart in the video, Beyonce

Wherever I go, I hear Beyonce, I love Beyonce…Yes I like her Listen song and her Love On Top, but that who runs the world, with 6 writers and 3 producers to come up with that…some of them may be the ones that made the beat they’re often given producer credit. I am no stranger to this, especially after hearing people question my gaydom after I say: I think she’s a wonderful performer---not throwing shade or anything stupid at her—but I say I don’t really love her like I’d love Anita Baker, a songstress of smooth R&B or Roberta Flack and Peabo Bryson, or Carlos Santana, Musiq, Alicia Keyes, and just about every 80’s pop, rock and  soul artist out there. I’m eclectic

So Paul, take heart that you’re not jumping up and down saying: that’s my song when Gaga comes to town or you hear her songs. I only know her songs because people play them all the time when I’m out and about, and I guess I like it mostly by osmosis! If you’re asking me if I like her music, I would mostly say I’m indifferent leaning NO

I draw on the side of the GayComicGeek on this one

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker v. Hurley Prental Rights Violation or Elaborate Setup? I'll Explain

Conservative Family Values: All Fantasy, No Facts A Few Reasons

The Comments NOM Blog Is Likely To Take Down--or Not Approve