The Five Love Languages

Quality Time 
This is how I express love and how I receive it. When I look at those I care about, quality time is how I gauge their interest. I desire face to face interaction and when people don’t spend time with me I really wonder if they value me or not. Whether it’s chatting on facebook or a quick phone call I count that, but face to face time is the most precious to me.

Words of Affirmation
Different relationships have different love languages. In my fitness and Youtube world, words of affirmation are my way that I receive love and appreciation. Everyone wants to know their efforts are appreciated no matter what

Gifts
A person who has this love language doesn’t care about the amount of money that you spend on their gift, just a thoughtful gift may be what they need to speak to them in their own love language. Though this is not a strong love language in my life, it does have a place in how I give & receive love

Touch
Most often we associate this with acts of sexual gratification but when you watch Alien Nation you will see how touch played an important role in relating to one another. People whose primary love language is touch may desire closeness, cuddling, etc. 

Acts of Service
Some people measure your love for them by the things you do for them and with them. For this person, it doesn’t matter how much you spend on a gift, what matters is that you help them do something that they probably would’ve struggled with on their own. Building that birdhouse for them, helping them clean up their house, helping them with errands, that’s how they receive love and care. When someone speaks this love language a phrase comes to mind “Love is what love does”

So these are a brief synopsis of the 5 love languages and how we speak them. I suggest getting the book by Dr. Gary Chapman and looking at blogs and videos of those who explain the love languages a little further 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker v. Hurley Prental Rights Violation or Elaborate Setup? I'll Explain

Conservative Family Values: All Fantasy, No Facts A Few Reasons

The Comments NOM Blog Is Likely To Take Down--or Not Approve