Terrmeister Emotional Eating Preview...the Link will be posted on Thursday!

Picture it, it’s a Friday night and all you can think of is “How in the world did I get a hold of this awesomely bad 90’s karate movie?” you’re bored out of your mind and Candy Crush just isn’t doing it for you anymore. So you say to yourself I’m hungry. You go to the refrigerator and you simply bend down and look in there…hoping you don’t have plumber’s crack…and see something….the hallelujah chorus has just opened up in song! You see a cinnamon cake…not just any cinnamon cake, but one with cinnamon sugar baked right into the top and the sides of the cake. You smile and grab the cake, and think of all the delectable things you want to do with that cake….milk! You spot it out of the corner of your eye and you get a cup…5 minutes later…you’ve got the big belly like Buster Baxter from Arthur when he has too much to eat and you feel like you have a lead pellet sitting in your stomach

I’m sure I’m not the only one who has done this. I know EVEYRONE has been there. Well, now that we know that, how do we overcome this crazy urge to just stuff our face in response to our emotional problems and avoiding that sneak trip to Wal Mart to buy the same pants in a bigger size?

I’d fished around for some advice about emotional eating I got “Don’t do it” “Get up and exercise” or even “Try painting or coloring” Either way it went, it was to get up and do something with your body so that you don’t feel stuck in your mind. Eliot Hulse puts it very simply “You can’t fight your mind on its home court, you fight it with your body” I pulled from that “Your mind is your emotion’s home field…your body however, is YOUR home field” so you have the advantage when you get up and do something other than eat emotionally

So how do we take the first steps to overcome this? This is a constant struggle and food is a necessity of life, but overeating and emotional eating isn’t. Most often, we are trying to hide or enhance an experience. Think about the holidays and you’ve got a clear picture

Right there is the first step…what am I feeling? Am I trying to enhance an experience or am I trying to suppress one like shame? Will eating this really make me feel better? I’ll eat it, then I’ll have a rush, false bliss then wonder why I even thought to eat it. When I was lonely I went for something sweet and filling…why do I go for those?

The next step is: How do I now take what I’m feeling and alleviate it without adding inches to my bottom line? Let’s go out on a bike ride…which would be my go to…or do a Turbofire workout—it always feels like a party! Or if I wanna beast up, write in some Sagi time! Or listen to music, watch a movie you’ve always enjoyed….you’re probably aching for some ME time! Do you have a dog? Give the dog some love! Take him out and run with him or if you have a skateboard ride on the skateboard while he pulls you along for the ride! It’s all about getting out of your head so you can say “These feelings are there, I can confront them with something positive” and most of all, feel even happier than when you started….wasn’t that the goal in the first place? Like drinking too much, eating too much has a hangover…let’s stop that before it even becomes a problem. As you build up those little victories, you’ll build a track record of success…which is little things done well repeatedly

Next Terrific Tuesday’s vid will be about Abs…but they’re not just the front, they’re the back too!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker v. Hurley Prental Rights Violation or Elaborate Setup? I'll Explain

Conservative Family Values: All Fantasy, No Facts A Few Reasons

The Comments NOM Blog Is Likely To Take Down--or Not Approve