Why does Conversion Therapy Blame the Parents?

I am a gay man who is closer to my Mom than my Dad. I have a good relationship with both, but my Mom and I talk a lot more. I am also closer to my sisters than my brothers, but I have been one to do my own thing. A conversion therapist would easily say that I am gay because I am closer to my Mom than my Dad and need more male role models in my life. I have them. Yet, I wonder this: How do you account for a Mama’s Boy or a Daddy’s Girl who is straight? No matter what, the so called therapist will say that I didn't bond with my Father and I am looking for that bond in another man. I want to settle down and raise a family and be a Father myself; that is far from reliving a failed bond with my Father. 

So I dare to ask how do they account for those who are heterosexual who connect with their opposite sex parent? I am sure this would be a zap, but more than that it is a fatal flaw that I would like to see them explain. They won’t, their theory is a load of crap because as Dr. Christian Jessen said in an episode of Undercover Doctor “It’s easy to get a model and make it stick to anyone” Said model is flawed



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker v. Hurley Prental Rights Violation or Elaborate Setup? I'll Explain

Conservative Family Values: All Fantasy, No Facts A Few Reasons

The Comments NOM Blog Is Likely To Take Down--or Not Approve