Old Emotions In A New Time


It came once out of the blue

Wondered who it was when you revealed it was you

My heart caught in my chest and anger too

At the thought of you popping back into my life once again

It was a text but it may as well have been a knock at my door

I felt as if I had been struck by lightning

It made me feel so panicked and such a mess of contradictions

 

Why are you contacting me?

Wasn’t four years enough for you?

I refuse to be love’s fool

What I thought we had is cooled off

No more…No more…It will never be

 
Again…no way

Four years of tragedy in one fragile heart like mine

I won’t go to an old love on a new page

The chapter and book is finished

I can’t pick it up again

My year away has been rough
wondering if I will find another who will be my love

I have no doubts I will

But I have them in my mind sometimes

No one wants to end up alone, and cold

A bed with no warm memories

I’d rather have a cold bed

Than one that will be empty and I’ll never know when

I’d rather be alone

Instead of wondering constantly by my phone

Wishing that the sweet release will come


When I heard your Father say

You were ok

I expected him to say you were dead

Because of whatever you had taken that’s right

I wanted it to be over

I can’t do that again

 

I don’t wanna pray for my love’s death
it needs to hurt to think it
All that time ago

I can’t have this again

The space in my mind is vacant

Until someone will pay the rent on time

And will understand the way I give and take love

Who won’t ridicule my passions

My favorite things

Who won’t sit there with high-minded self righteousness

And proclaim my likes dull

I’ve played the script over and over

I felt devastated when we finally had to part

I’m on the path of a new start

I won’t reverse my engine
Onward and upward to my destiny

I was once nervous when you weren’t in a dream about my future

Now I don’t care because it’s a better one

I feel like I’m jumping all over the page

But these feelings make me feel alive

I can’t be an old love

On a new page

I can’t be an old song

On a new album

 

It’s time to let the sleeping dog……lay…..

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker v. Hurley Prental Rights Violation or Elaborate Setup? I'll Explain

Conservative Family Values: All Fantasy, No Facts A Few Reasons

The Comments NOM Blog Is Likely To Take Down--or Not Approve