My favorite Beachbody Coaches

Welcome to the Spencer Hamilton Blog!

I have been into fitness for quite some time and I have to say that I have had a heck of a journey. I have seen firsthand the gift that fitness can bring and I am amazed at it, I marvel at it. The people who make a living at this are dedicated people who know that gift and simply share it. They share it with those who may not understand the gift they’re giving themselves when they pick up some dumbbells or take a walk around the park or step on a treadmill

I want to talk about my two favorite trainers and a 3rd trainer that I rediscovered after the New Year. 2014 will hold a lot for me, a lot of changes and challenges and I want to be ready for them with a renewed vigor and an upbeat and realistic attitude. So I need to hear people like Eliott Hulse in my ear telling me what I need to know and then applying it to my life. There will be a lot of fears I will need to overcome and Elliott says that we must use our bodies to overcome our fears as fighting it in our heads gives fear the home field advantage. He talks about that fateful day when he picked up a set of dumbbells and as you know if you watch his videos the rest is history. But it hasn’t been without its setbacks and triumphs. After all that’s what life’s about. I decided to put a plug in for him because I remembered seeing his videos when I was going to start Insanity and now that I’m going to be starting Insanity Asylum after the agility ladder gets here I’m going to need a lot of positive voices in my head to help me move my body as I conquer fears in 2014 and beyond

But this blogpost/video is to brag about my favorite coaches. One is a woman from Detroit and a man who lives in New York City.

The woman is the creator of Turbofire, Turbo Jam, and Chalene Extreme and is a powerhouse of energy. She  had cameras in our house that told us when we were rounding our back, not leaning back far enough in our ab exercises and not getting deep enough into the lunges. She also gave us encouragement by saying: Guess what? You’re not tired! That’s a boost when you’re dripping in sweat. She is none other than Chalene Johnson. She reminded me of a Southern Belle because she just has that air about her and she is amazingly energetic. I can see how her friends love being around her and it’s great to see some of the people from other programs (Toni and Donna from Chalene Extreme) in Turbofire workouts. I like seeing some of the casts stay the same it’s like a sense of camaraderie.  She’s funny, bubbly, bright and shrewd; I could easily see myself having a great time with her. I admire her and I love her workouts she pushes you to give her more, get those knees up higher, punch longer do whatever you need to do to cross off your fitness goals and feel good about it. She’s humble and really loves what she does; she is changing lives all over this world by following her path in life.

The man is the creator or Insanity, Insanity Asylum (going to be doing that workout soon) Hip Hop Abs, Rockin’ Body and T25. After Rockin’ Body I was like…please don’t sing in an intro again lol. I am sure that you probably guess who he is. None other than Shaun T and if you have any doubts that he’s Shaun T he will tell you himself as he speaks in the third person at times, it doesn’t bother me because it’s just…okay…I guess I’m just like that I don’t mind peoples quirks too much.

How did I start with Shaun T, well Hip Hop Abs (yes I pirated it) and as Insanity was downloading I decided to try Hip Hop Abs and it was fun, I loved it I even gave my mom a copy and tried it with my youngest sister. Then Insanity finished and I started on a trip that would challenge my body and mind. Shaun T says that the workout doesn’t being until you’re tired and I have to say that this is what I will carry with me into 2014 and beyond. Unless I’m tired, I’m not working plain and simple. I lost a lot of weight with Insanity and I gained it back unfortunately but with a renewed focus and a steely resolve I will make it this time and continue on that downward spiral on that scale (I have to get a BMI tester as well so I can do the whole muscle to fat ratio, I wanna be a Fat Loser pun intended)  Shaun T and I have some things in common, we’re both openly gay (even when he said nothing about it one can tell…I mean how anyone thought he and Tanya had something going is beyond me when he’s as gay as a tangerine at Christmas lol) we’re both big guys (tall) and we’re smiling because we love it. He’s a drill sergeant, cuss at him, punch at his face through the tele, do whatever you need to do to get through this work out and do it with exceptional form! No matter what workout you do, you will work up a good sweat.

Insanity is for a person who wants to die, then live. Throughout that whole workout I’m sitting there with the sweat dripping in my eyes and on the floor in a huge puddle under me, and yes I’ve nearly slipped and busted my butt during some of the workouts...but afterwards I pull a Tony Horton and say “That was pleasurable” and I literally did that one say after an Insanity workout. It started off as a nemesis, but Insanity has been more like an old friend. I enjoy the workouts and I love feeling that I’m going to just crash and burn but getting back into it so I can be better than I was when I started the warm up which is like the workout itself.

These two have changed my mind, my life and my body. The only one who can stop me IS me, and these two coaches I hope to do a live workout with, they are wonderful people who are down to Earth and love helping people reach the next level. Their life is a reflection of how we all need to look at life, as a learning experience that we have to stick to in order to reach that next level, and that it will challenge us mentally, emotionally and physically, and guess what? You’re not tired!

Until Next Time Dear Readers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker v. Hurley Prental Rights Violation or Elaborate Setup? I'll Explain

Conservative Family Values: All Fantasy, No Facts A Few Reasons

The Comments NOM Blog Is Likely To Take Down--or Not Approve