Rangeela Re (O Joyous One)

This is the music video 1970 Bollywood film Prem Pujari that inspired this poem (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl7MywgT0mc) you can find the english translation here: (http://www.hindilyrics.net/translation-Prem-Pujari/Rangeela-Re-Tere-Rang-Mein.html)
Amazingly beautiful is all I have to say about it. Couldn't help but be inspired to write after t...his song had become an earworm

Rangeela Re O My Joyous One
You have stained me
A Dye not easily washed away
O Joyous One Rangeela Re
Cold has warmed me for far too long
I built a fire and only I sit in front of it
You've taught me many joys
But your pain taught me more than the joys revealed
It was crazy but I learned never to love so easily
Never leave your guard down
Tears have become my bread and sorrow my butter
My cries my meat and my loneliness the rest of my nutrition
I couldn't fault you for it all, I had my part to lay

Rangeela Re I try to love that wall was built
No wrecking ball in sight
Though I'm a big guy, a child is locked inside
Wanting affection, attention often overlooked
Everyday I speak not to be forgotten
Intensely driving the ship of my life
My groomsuit stained with bitterness long gone
Scars that remain of taunts of old
Putting my similey face hiding the wounds of frowns
Eventually revealing themselves as pressure builds
Yet  I move on, living and learning, leaving and leaping

Rangeela Re, when have you stopped being so joyous?
And I despissed you for the longest time?
Bitter rainbows, sour kisses, dark sun and the moon that shines so bright?
Makes no sense to me no

Rangeela Re, it was only a time, a season
One that still sends shock waves through me
Sweet life has brought me lime flavored sweetness, bitter to my lips sweet to my stomach
I'm sure one day I will be complete enough to see my true Rangeela Re
And appreciate him for the gift he is and know that I am one
He will be for me and I for him
Both joyous ones
Puzzles fitting, somewhere out there
Heart be still, be still if you dare
It's not easy suffering the slings of outrageous fortune Rangeela Re
Come to me soon, my heart awaits you. yearning deeply
Wondering if you're out there
Someday I'll know why he never fit
Why he never worked
Why my fire was drenched with rushing torrents
Oh come my true one, Rangeela re

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker v. Hurley Prental Rights Violation or Elaborate Setup? I'll Explain

Conservative Family Values: All Fantasy, No Facts A Few Reasons

The Comments NOM Blog Is Likely To Take Down--or Not Approve