Shocking Beyond Anything I've Seen Recently (The Baltimore, MD McDonald's assault)

Hello Everyone

I am shocked and appalled at the senseless act of violence that occurred in a Batimore, MD McDonald's. When I think of McDonald's I think of Ronald the Clown, the Golden Arches, the chicken nuggets I can't help but like, the playpen I went with my cousins to where they played themselves tired while Brother John and I went to Manhattan to drop them off with their Grandma. I also think of my own Grandma taking us there when I was about 11-12 and noticing me not being as talkative and/or having fun, asked me if something was wrong. I also remember my Aunt Karema correcting a rowdy kid asking him: Do you wanna get kicked outta here?

Kenwood Avenue McDonalds in Rosedale, MD
But now, the Golden Arches are stained with one incident. Sometimes all it takes is one simple incident to bestow a terrible legacy on yourself or your family. When i saw the video, I was shocked, appalled, I wanted to beat those women who were hitting and kicking, screaming at and not letting up their abuse on this woman to a bloody pulp ten times over! I couldn't help but want to come to her defense.

What Transpired
From Chrissy Polis's account she had to use the bathroom, and the manager said she had to buy something to use the bathroom, a man asked her how she was doing and she said: Not now. She went to the bathroom and was approached by one of the women asking if she was talking to her man. Chrissy replied that she didn't know that was her man. From facebook information gleaned from the videotaper's account, Ms. Polis was attacked because she used the lady's room.

When I watched the video, for some reason I was thinking if that was the case. You can see a manager intervening and the women proceed to attack her coming from the other side of the dining room. They proceed to kick and punch her, Ms. Polis is entangled with one of the attackers wearing a dark blue shirt when the second one in a jean jacket attacks her saying: Get off my friend. They grab and drag her across the room when an older woman who looks to be a nurse intervenes, the attackers yell at the old woman not to touch them and at one point, she is punched in the face by one of the women. Ms Polis had been dragged to the door when she begins seizing.

The Video
Vernon Hackett, an employee of McDonald's was watching and captured this all on his cameraphone. From his facebook it says this: “that was not a female that was getting beat up… that was a man… He was dressed lik a woman.” and additonally that "I had nothing to do with the fight. I just recorded it..everybody sending me messages because of the race and because everybody thinks she was a female...IT'S NOT HE WAS A MALE IN THA BATHROOM AND WHEN TOLD TO GET OUT HE GOT REAL SMART AT EVERYBODY" (lifted from: http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2011/04/baltimore-police-investigate-brutal-attack-on-trans-woman-at-local-mcdonalds/ There is also an update that Hackett was fired, a 14 year old girl was arrested later followed by the news of the arrest of an 18 year old woman named Teonna Monae Brown. The dditional lines are from (www.thesmokinggun.com/buster) along with more details and Hackett's facebook postings regarding the attack at The Smoking Gun
I found out about this event last Friday, and as a researcher that hears a lot about victims of senseless violence in the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community, I thought I lost my capability to be shocked by senseless violence until I saw this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf12dGhJalE&feature=feedu) the link I provided is from a youtuber named depfox. I saw the video from another source and couldn't believe my eyes. Not only is a woman being beaten but none of the staff are going to intervene or call police, only when Ms. Polis is seizing do they call the police. You can also hear someone say: Get out of here before the police comes

My Response
Not only do I find out this attack happened, I also found out that the MD Senate and/or House of Delegates rejected a transgender inclusive bill a week before this attack. The Senators and Delegates may not 'agree' with being transgender but the reality is: There are transgender individuals that fear transitioning and living in their comfortable gender BECAUSE OF EVENTS LIKE THESE! Only when it seems to hit the media does the police ever seem to give a damn. I am sure I can dig out many events like this where my state police didn't give it a second thought when a hate crime occured and billed it as a simple assalut--I should know, it happened to me. It's also happened to many other Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered people. We need more laws to protect transgender citizens in our states and we need them now, we need our pollice to take gay bashing seriously and rely on the evidence, and eyewitness accounts and not the stereotypes levied against gays and lesbians when an assault takes place. I don't like to advocate violence but sometimes I think vigilante justice may be necessary

Police Response
There has been talks of their being possible hate crime charges based on race alone. However, as the fight broke out after Ms. Polis used the lady's room, transgender hate crime charges should be applied. Let's see if the police force has the courage to slap them with it. Hopefully, the DA will not leave that charge out either. The fact that this fight broke out after she used the bathroom leaves no doubt in my mind that this is a hate crime.

Course of Action
CONTACT MCDONALD'S AND LET THEM KNOW THAT THIS IS NOT OKAY, THEY NEED TO BE AN ADVOCATE OF THE TRANSGENDER COMMUNITY PUBLICLY IN WORD AND DEEDS. THIS CAN'T HAPPEN AGAIN! RAISE YOUR VOICES AND EMAIL MCDONALD'S TO LET THEM KNOW THAT THEY CAN'T ONLY CONDEMN THE VIOLENCE BUT BECOME ACTIVE IN EDUCATING PEOPLE AND HELPING CURB MISINFORMATION THAT LEADS TO THESE ATTACKS! I CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO EAT AT MCDONALD'S AS LONG AS THEY ARE SIMPLY AN OUTRAGED ONLOOKER!

Love You All
Until The Pen Strikes Again

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker v. Hurley Prental Rights Violation or Elaborate Setup? I'll Explain

Conservative Family Values: All Fantasy, No Facts A Few Reasons

The Comments NOM Blog Is Likely To Take Down--or Not Approve